A Collection of Words
Shown in random order
1. Everyday above ground is a good day: 'Movie - 'Scarface'
2. Go Out Looking Good: Kelly Booth
3. Never make an Anniversary of anything bad: Keith East
4. A Man is a Man when he does not have to prove he's a Man: Unknown
5. The Difference between a Hero and a Coward is what a Man does with his fear: "Ranger" Us Military
6. You have a choice. You can go through life believing there is a God, and when you die, you find out there isn't. Or, you can go through life believing there is no God,
and when you die, you find out there is. The choice is yours. R.E.Blackwell
7. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Godfather (Movie)
8. Never trust a man who does not like animals Nellie Switzer, my Grandmother
9. A stingy man has small ears Nellie Switzer, my Grandmother
10 No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. Abraham Lincoln
11. Never fall in love with a Plan Noah, a Vehicle Transporter I worked with.
12. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Unknown
13. When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice. "Cherokee Indians"
14. Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity Unknown
15. Sometimes your the Dog, sometimes your the Hydrant. Unknown
16. We are always exactly where we are supposed to be. Dick Lewers
17. If the Government didn't force us to have an address, we would always be at home. Dick Lewers
18. We have all the time we need. We need all the Time we have Ron Blackwell
19. Don't mess where you eat. Motorcycle Club Member
20. Things we can touch have no permanence. Unknown
21. Old Men Start Wars - Young Men Fight Them Unknown
22. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts Daniel P. Moynihan
23. Democracy is two Wolves and a Lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed Lamb contesting the vote. Benjamin Franklin
24. The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The realist adjusts the sails. William Arthur Ward
25. Marriage is not 50 / 50 Its 100 / 100 Ernest Henry Blackwell
26. 'If' is the middle word in Life. Unknown
27. Solitude is best when shared Ron Blackwell
28. There are two terrible things for a man. Not to have fulfilled his Dream, and to have fulfilled it. "The Long Way" by Bernard Moitessier."
29. Go ahead, shoot all your guns at once. You can always reload. Ron Blackwell
30. Sometimes beauty is only skin deep. Nellie Switzer, my Grandmother
31. It isn't the fall that kills you. Its the sudden stop. Ron Blackwell
32. The three biggest wasters of time - Looking up a phone number - Filling your gas tank - Apologizing Ron Blackwell
Here is a little Numbers Game that I have always liked.
A wealthy man lives on a ranch with a beautiful barn.
In the barn he has 17 Horses. The man dies and leaves the following Will.
1/2 Goes to his wife.
1/3 Goes to his Brother
1/9 Goes to his Hired Man.
The family sit around trying to figure out how to divide the horses up correctly.
They can't possibly start chopping horses apart to get the Will figured out.
It turns out that a neighbour who lives a mile away is a lawyer. This lawyer also has a horse.
They ask him to look after the division of the Will, and the lawyer agrees, for $20,000.00
The next morning the lawyer gets on his horse and rides over to his clients ranch.
He arrives and puts his horse in the barn with the other 17 horses.
Now, there are 18 horses in the barn.
The lawyer then has the family take a chair in the parlor, and proceeds to divide up the horses.
He states, "There are 18 Horses in the Barn.
1/2 of 18 is 9
1/3 of 18 is 6
1/9 of 18 is 2
You will note that 9 + 6 + 2 = 17
That is how we will divide the horses between the three of you.
The family are very pleased with the results.
With his $20,000.00 he mounts his own horse and rides home.
A Lawyer Joke I have always liked.
A man is walking through an office building and passes a Lawyer's Office.
The door is slightly ajar.
He sticks his head through the door and says,
"Excuse me, but can you tell me how much your charge?
The Lawyer looks up from his desk and answers the man.
Yes, he said; I charge $50.00 per question.
and your second question is...?
The sailboat at the top of the page is named Vida de Oro, Spanish for 'Life of Gold'. She is 35' long with a full keel and is an offshore cruiser. I have lived on Vida' since 1997 and the Blackwell Genealogy Website was built on her. I have plans for some serious sailing but first, I have to explore the BC Coastline. It is a beautiful place and one could not see everything in a lifetime. As part of a number of Spencer sailboats, you can view her heritage through the Spencer Yacht Owners Group Website. Click Here
The Cat Eyes are representative of my three cats, Sloop, Cutter and Spencer. I lost Cutter about 2005. Now, Spencer, the white albino, is getting very crippled and has some serious medical issues. Sloop, the smallest of the three, and sister to Cutter, is still doing okay. I don't know what I will do when I loose them. They are such a wonderful asset to the boat. I have placed a photo of them below. The photos is not recent.
Spencer, named after the builder of the boat, She is an Albino. She is a very loveable cat, but acts more like a human..
Cutter is one of the two sisters that are Black in colour. I believe they are part Siamese and Burmese.
I don't really know. Cutter was the smartest one of the bunch. She planned every move.
A Cutter is a sailboat with one mast, but rigged to fly to foresails. Vida is rigged both as a Sloop and a Cutter. Thus the name.
This is Sloop. She is the juvenile delinquent of the bunch. Here, she is waiting to grab me.
She knows I want to sit down in that spot, so I get the "Go ahead, make my day" attitude.
Sloop's favourite pastime is to sit on my monitor and watch the cursor. If she gets bored
with that, she then turns her back to me, and drops her tail over the screen and moves
it back and forth like a windshield wiper. She is always looking back to be sure she has
my attention. Oh! Yes, she certainly does. By the way, she swims like a fish.
Vida is a Sloop design that also is rigged as a Cutter. Thus the name.
Solo, así que muy sólo
Want to Translate some foreign languages
Try This: www.freetranslation.com